vendredi 23 septembre 2011

The Drift.

Jim Jarmusch, Permanent Vacation, 1980.

My name is Alliwishes Christopher Parker and if I ever have a son he'll be Charles Christopher Parker, just like Charlie Parker. The people I know just call me Allie and this is my story, or part of it. I don't expect it to explain all that much, but what's a story anyway except one of those connect the dots drawings that in the end forms a picture of something. That's really all this is. That's how things work for me. I go from this place, this person, to that place or person. And you know, it doesn't really make that much difference. I've known all different kinds of people, hung out with them, lived with them, watched them act things out in their own little ways, and to me, to me those people I've known are like a series of rooms. Just like all the places where I've spent time. You walk in for the first time, curious about this new room, lamp, TV, whatever. And then after a while, the newness is gone. Completely. And then there's this kind of dread, kind of creeping dread. You probably don't even know what I'm talking about. But anyway, I guess the point of all this is that after a while something tells you, some voice speaks to you, and that's it. Time to split. Go some place else. People are going to be basically the same, maybe use some different kind of refrigerator or toilet or something. But this thing tells you when you have to start the drift. You may not even want to go, but things will inform you. So here I am now in a place where I don't even understand their language, but you know, strangers are still always just strangers and the story, this part of the story, well, it's how I got from there to here. Or maybe I should say from here to here.

Jim Jarmusch, Permanent Vacation, 1980.

Divisé en 6 parties, le film est consultable ici.

Merci à L.V.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire